I am the Librarian for the MLML/MBARI Research Library. I manage the library in support of research and teaching activities at Moss Landing Marine Labs and MBARI (the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute). I teach and develop programming on library research methods and on the changing landscape of scholarly communication. I have a an interest in open data, data citation, authors rights, and in the use of GIS and geospatial data in research.
Broadly, my research interests are centered on the challenges and opportunities that digital geospatial library materials present for organization and retrieval. My current research focuses on the curation of research data in geohumanities scholarship and in the Sciences and on access to historical aerial photography collections in libraries.
Recent Citations for
- Receptivity to library involvement in scientific data curation: A case study at the University of Colorado Boulder
- The flight plan of a digital initiatives project, part 2: Usability testing in the context of user-centered design
- The flight plan of a digital initiatives project: Providing remote access to aerial photographs of Colorado
- Enhanced Library Collection Access through GIS: Historic Colorado Aerial Photographs
- Cataloging digital geospatial data: Current standards and rogue cataloging practices
- Zoom! Remote sensing imagery in the geosciences: Remote sensing imagery in the geosciences